"Cowboy Bebop", to this day remains to be my favorite anime of all time. :)
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Reason(s) why I study Japanese
When others ask me what languages do I study, most of them are surprised by my response. Why do I study Japanese? I suppose the desire to learn the language goes back to over a decade or so. Yep, I became infatuated with anime. First it was those shows that came on television late at night, then I found out that I could see the original, "unAmericanized" versions. The only problem was...they were in Japanese. Sure, English subtitles were available, however I began to notice subtle changes in those subtitles depending on who made them. I picked up on certain words and their English meanings by watching anime. Certain words like "sugoi" and "chigaimasu" were interpreted slightly differently. To solve some of this confusion I discovered Japanese dramas. I wanted to see and hear the language being used in more everyday situational occurrences. Finally upon entering college, I decided there was no other time better than now to start learning the language formally from a teacher. Once I revealed my desire, someone suggested that I take this course in order to "ease" into the language rather than to be "slammed" with it (First year Japanese I course).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, I got into Japanese the same way, anime. -Nikita
ReplyDeleteReally? What's your favorite anime?-Laticia
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Deletei have a lot, but i guess the famous favorite ones would be fairy tail, and code geass, and death note, but I also really like Skip Beat(anime is over so i read the manga for this one), Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Come Wa Machigatteiru, Servant X Service, and Hyouka. oh and chihayafuru. So yes a lot.
DeleteLOVED Death Note, and liked Skip Beat (have you seen the drama version?) and am going to have to check out the last 3. :)
Deletethe taiwanese one? i've seen the first few episodes but it was a bit ehh, idk. is it good or maybe goes beyond the anime? i'll def watch it then. i just prefer reading in reg book style or watching it, i'm not really a fan of the manga/comic bk style. i only do it when i really like the story
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete