Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Katakana Literary Work (Draft)


Here is an advertisement for "あたらしい クレンジングクリーム”。 
In order to emphasize what the product does, katakana, hiragana and romanji are used together.

Instead of using the Japanese words for "fresh" and"face" (in their hiragana form), katakana is used to make the selling points of the product stand out (I intend to change "face" from loanword katakana to "kao" in katakana and perhaps for "fresh" as well).

The words "dull" and "smooth" are written in katakana here because they are loan words.

Simple english words (written in romanji) are used for aestetic purposes in order to complement the katakana. Hiragana is used everywhere else for aestetic purposes as well.

PS: I wanted to use the "onomatopeia" word to express "shining" but I can't recall what it is. If anyone knows it, please comment below. Thank you.

This is a ROUGH DRAFT ONLY!! I realize I need to fix the text size, spacing, and arrangement!!! And maybe make it more appealing.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like that you managed to use every form- katakana, hiragana, and romaji english. I think this is a great start, the advertisement made me laugh a little (the photo of the woman on the right and what she 'has' is just too funny.) According to wikipedia, the onomatopoeia for shining/sparking/glittering is "ぴかぴか" (pika-pika). But then I also found "きらきら" (kira-kira) is to shine sparklingly, while "ぎらぎら" (gira-gira) is to shine dazzlingly. Wow. Who knew?

    The one question I have is why you chose to have all of the list itemds for "Have" and "Want" to be questions. I know this is a good advertisement strategy, but maybe instead of "Have/Want" You could say "Do you have/want..." and then list the questions. Not really a big deal to me, you can take or leave this advice.

    I think once you reformat this will be a great example of different types of katakana usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an expert in cosmetics. I have a question. Does "ダル フイイス” mean dull face? How about フェース instead of フイイス?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it means dull face. I used face this way because it is how Japanese would pronounce face (just used katakana for their pronunciation).

      Delete
  4. Hallo. I did the art work recently. I like sports very much so I draw the balls of many kinds of sports. Though I’m not good at drawing pictures, I did my best.

    こんにちは。わたしはさいきんアートワークをしました。わたしはスポーツがだいすきなのでかみぶくろにいろいろなスポーツのボールをかきました。わたしはえをかくのはにがてですが、がんばりました。

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about my paper bag? I didn’t use many colors, so my paper bag was very simple. I have played sports since I was a child. Therefore, my art work shows a part of my life.
    By the way, my class presented the strategy for Amy’s ice cream shop. I tell you my opinion.
    I suggest that she should make a group discount so that a team of sports players can eat ice cream with a reasonable price on special occasions. I would also like to recommend a point-card system with stamps. When a customer buys ice cream, she stamps the card. And if a point card becomes full of stamps, the customer can get one ice cream for free. I recommend this system because with this incentive customers may feel they want to go to Amy’s ice cream shop many times.
    This is my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Thank you for your comments! I love the coupon system. I agree that it is a good incentive for the ice cream shop. One thing you can add is to give free ice cream on customer's birthday.

      Delete
  6. ラティシャさん、すこしのあいだでしたが、ありがとうございました。がいこくのかたとこうりゅうできてたのしかったです。これからもおたがいがんばりましょう!

    Laticia、thank you for giving comments. Although we communicate for short time, I enjoyed very much. I hope that your dream comes true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also enjoyed communicating with you too. Have a great holiday and New Year. Good Luck!! :)

      Delete